Today I thought I would switch up genres and
interview AJ Murphy from Shattering Silence, an independent metal band from
Brevard County Florida.
321 Indie
Hip Hop: Hi
A.J., how’s it going?
A.J. Murphy: Pretty good.
321 Indie
Hip Hop:
What brought you to want to play music?
A.J. Murphy: It was either do drugs or play
music!
321 Indie
Hip Hop:
Great quote; I have to definitely include it. What instrument do you play in
the band?
A.J. Murphy: I am the guitarist and back up
vocalist.
321 Indie
Hip Hop:
When did your band first get together?
A.J. Murphy: We played together for years,
but officially played our first show April 13, 2007.
321 Indie Hip
Hop: What
does the band have in the works at the moment?
A.J. Murphy: We have our first album, Blood Rust, produced by Joe Rodriguez of
The Flock Of Seagulls, forecasted to be released late this year or early 2014.
321 Indie
Hip Hop: Is
there any of the band’s music out there that can be heard or seen anywhere?
A.J. Murphy:
We released
the Duct Tape EP in 2012 as well as a
video for our single, Take The Hand Of A Liar located on You Tube. We also
have a bonus video in the works for our new album that will be released with
the CD.
321 Indie
Hip Hop: So
tell me where did you all come up with the name Shattering Silence?
A.J. Murphy: To tell you the truth, we just
locked ourselves in a room and said we were not allowed out till we came up
with a name and several hours later the name just happened.
A.J. Murphy: I was about 14 years old when a
friend said that I needed to learn guitar, but he gave up teaching me, so I
just continued to teach myself and loved it.
321 Indie
Hip Hop: Who
were your music influences growing up?
321 Indie
Hip Hop: Well
A.J. Thanks for your time and I’m looking forward to hearing your new CD when
it comes out.
Shattering Silence can be contacted on:
Facebook/ ShatteringSilenceFl
Twitter/ Shattersilence

No comments:
Post a Comment